Friday, January 23, 2009

My New Dining Room

I can't believe I finally got this done! I have had paint chips hanging on the wall in the dining room for months, many months. Two rolls of painter's tape (that didn't work...what you don't see in the picture is all of the blue and brown on my chair rail and baseboard...ugh!!), 6 or 7 hours of painting and trimming and painting and trimming a second coat, brown paint all over me and the throw rug and everywhere else, and some very sore, aching muscles from all the bending and climbing, and I finally have a new dining room. We went shopping for accessories today and found the candlesticks that are on the back table and the lantern thing hanging in the corner (Aly's idea). The candlesticks were really a matching pair, but the smaller one had glass that wasn't attached (like the larger one) and it fell off in the middle of the aisle at Hobby Lobby and shattered. I was so upset. I must have looked devastated because Aly burst into tears in the middle of the aisle and cried for 10 minutes (at least) because there wasn't another one. I bought the smaller one anyway because the base matched and I wanted two different sizes on the table. I need to find some wall pictures/shelves/something. My big picture frame will go over the table on the wall. Now the only problem is the rest of the house looks too darn white!

The room beforeTaken from the living room doorway


Taken from the kitchen doorway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryce's Comment: Totally different
Carter's Comment: Good
Cheryl's Comment: Ooh La La! I like it! Can't wait to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

It looks good Ang. better than I thought it would.

I don't see nothing wrong with your curtian. It looks good to me.

love mom