Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas in February

On Friday, Cheryl and the boys came to visit. We hadn't seen each other since September! That means we hadn't exchanged Christmas gifts yet. Yes, we are a sorry bunch. Unfortunately, Skyeler and I were sickos. Tired, worn down, and very blah. It didn't matter. It was nice just to be together. We opened presents Friday night. I won't list all the presents that were exchanged but lets just say that I am now the proud owner of a soft, fuzzy, warm lime green robe. Cozy! I am also the proud parent of a budding John Denver (or so Aunt Cheryl says) as Aly received a guitar from Aunt Cheryl. Poor Bryce came with a stuffy nose and woke up with a fever of 101. So I did what any good aunt would do, gave him Popsicles for breakfast and let him and Carter and Aly play Wii all day long. No exaggeration. ALL DAY LONG. I can't believe the batteries aren't dead :) Oh, wait, Cheryl and I each took a turn on the Wii Fit. I'd post Cheryl's Wii Fit age, but it would put my life in grave danger. :) Cheryl and I managed to get out to Target by ourselves for an hour. Dan so graciously kept the kids. Finally, around 3:00 on Saturday we got around to some scrappin'. I am ashamed to admit that it was not "serious" scrappin'. I was still feeling pretty poor and both of us were tired. Cheryl managed to get six pages done. Me? Well, I did four. And yes, the scrappin' stuff is still sitting in my dining room where I left it Saturday night. We don't do this nearly often enough.

Please excuse the quality of the pictures...I had some bad lighting issues going on.

Bryce (Rush Hour Jr.)
Aly (already wearing the sweater she opened moments before)
Carter (Batman and Robin for the Wii)
Skyeler (a very cool puzzle)
Bryce & Aly playing some Raving Rayman game (I think). Note the cool clothing choices that Bryce and Aly are modeling. Robe (modeled on Bryce) and jammies with a brand new sweater (modeled on Aly)...totally hip & cool. Totally the clothing choice of the next generation. :)
Aly strumming the guitar. 'Nough said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryce says: "Yeah, we really DID play wii all day!"

Carter says: "I sure did have fun playing LEGO Batman!"

Cheryl says: "I think Ang and I get Mothers of the Year award."

Angel said...

LOL! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU ALL, EVEN THOUGH YOU GIRS ARE CRAZY. I WILL GIVE YOU THE MOTHERS OF THE YEAR AWARD. LOVE, YOU KNOW WHO