Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kings Island

Our homeschool group went to Kings Island again this year for Math & Science Days.  The kids LOVE Math & Science Days.  Maybe one of these times, they will actually do math and science on the trip :)  Aly was beside herself with the fact that she just might be tall enough for the 54" rides.  I had measured her at home (without shoes) at just over 53".  Once in the park we had her officially measured and sure enough, she was 54".  They gave her a band so she wouldn't have to be measured at each ride.  Did I mention she was beside herself?  *grin*

My girls constantly amaze me.  I get car sick (train sick, boat sick, plane sick...you get the idea!) AND I cannot ride 90% of the rides at Kings Island.  The girls also get car sick, sometimes just going from home to church, and yet they manage to get on almost everything in the park!!  Without loosing their cookies!!  It's crazy!  Every once in a while they get a little queasy or dizzy.  Skye got it a little worse this year.  But overall they have a great time being completely like their daddy and making me nervous :)

They all had a great day riding rides with all their friends (and the parents, too) and we got home pooped.  And for the record, I rode the Racer (wooden roller coaster, no sharp turns or upside downs) three times, and the Top Gun ride once (though it made me a little sick as it was much faster with sharper turns than the Iron Dragon at Cedar Point).  Then I was free to take pictures and fret over everyone in the group staying together and having fun (my specialty).  

Our group. Kind of the back from l to r: Philip, Riley, Jen, Michelle, Emily, Tori, Elizabeth, & Calleigh
Kind of the front from l to r: Sarah, Skyeler, little Skyler, Max, Aly, Amy, Josiah, & Nina


Everyone but those in the second row from the bottom are part of our group.  Aly's at the top two from the right and Skye's second row from the top two from the left.  


This ride makes me sick to watch!  I keep expecting people to start falling out and splatting on the ground.  I know, I'm weird.


Ah, the Scrambler!  Every year, no matter how many big rides the kids go on, this is always a hit.  They spend time riding with different people and being crazy.  Skye got a video of this, but I'm still having trouble uploading her videos to the blog.  This is Amy, Aly, and Philip.


Tori, Dan, and Aly.  I think they ride together every year.


This monstrosity is Diamondback.  Sharon took the picture from the top of the Eiffel Tower.  Aly was dying to get on this ride and Skyeler loves it.  The lines were not long and I think Skye rode this multiple times in a row.  If I could ride big rides, I would want to ride this.  It really does look cool!


Here's Aly (and Riley, Julie, and Roger) in the Diamondback car just finishing up the ride.


This is the Vortex. It goes upside down 6 or 7 times.  They rode this twice in a row.  That was the only time all day that Aly felt sick :)  Skye and Josiah in the first row, Amy and Aly in the second, and you can see Tori in the third.


And for the little ones, the day would not be complete without getting soaked on the water ride.  Skyeler, sweet girl that she is, promised to ride this with the little ones.  


This is what they looked like afterwards, of course :)  Skye, Aly, & Amy

No comments: